When people ask how you’re doing at the end of the semester
Now, don’t get me wrong. I’m in love with drinking plain water. I don’t have a problem with it, but some people, especially people who are new to the fitness community, like a little more flavor in their drinks. So, I put together a couple ways to naturally flavor your water. Note:
- Replace regular water with this detox water to stay hydrated throughout the day. (it’ll be easier,too.!)
- Don’t forget to change the fruits 2-3 times after refilling so the fruits don’t lose their benefits and the water won’t begin to taste nasty.
- I recommend buying a water bottle specifically for detox water, but if you don’t have one it’s perfectly okay. I got mine here.
- Slice everything as thin as possible so your water doesn’t taste overpowered with to much flavor.
- Let the water sit in the fridge around 2 hours - overnight so the fruits can infuse in the water.
1. Fat Burning Detox Water (The grapefruit leaves a bitter-like taste in your mouth, and you can taste it really good in the water.)
- 1 Strawberry (stimulates the burning of stored fat.)
- 1/2 small cucumber (prevent water retention and also have many anti-inflammatory properties.)
- 1/4 grapefruit, sliced into triangles. (fat-burning enzyme that can help to absorb and reduce the starch and sugar in the body.)
- ice water (obvi????)
2. Belly Slimming Detox Water <—- My favorite one.
- 4-5 slices of cucumber (prevent water retention and also have many anti-inflammatory properties)
- 1/2 small lemon (helps clear out your digestive system)
- 1/4 orange (stimulates the immune system and protects against a fungi/pests while helping to reduce cholesterol levels.)
- 3-4 mint leaves(helps the body digest more easily and it also soothes any stomach cramps you may have.)
- ice water duh
3. Metabolism Boosting Detox Water (I haven’t tried this yet, I don’t really like raspberries.)
- 2-3 slices of orange (Vitamin C will strengthen your immune system.)
- 3-4 raspberries (phytonutrients increases your metabolism.)
- green tea or water. (A natural diuretic that boosts levels of fat oxidation.)